Jewelry maintenance is very important but yet often overlooked by clients! Just think about this for a moment. How often do you service your vehicle to keep it in pristine condition? Don’t you wash it from time to time, and try to keep it nice and clean? Fine jewelry is delicate and should be cared for accordingly. To extend the life of your jewelry and keep them in optimal condition please follow the following care instructions:
- Take off your jewelry before your daily rituals such as showering, lotion, perfume, gym etc.
- Be mindful not to push a heavy luggage onto the overhead compartment of an airplane with your ring on. (It happens a lot, and when you have a delicate ring, it can bend easily with a 25-pound force).
- Keep your jewelry away from chemicals including hair spray, perfumes, cosmetics and lotion.
- Before bedtime, lay your jewelry out flat on a soft cloth or a cushiony surface.
- For necklaces, clasp the necklace when removing it to assure the chain does not tangle or knot. Do not place multiple necklaces together.
To clean your diamond jewelry, use a soft toothbrush, dish soap to gently scrub gold and diamonds. Then rinse with distilled water. (Keep your jewelry away from a sink!)